Week 42 Floating in my Tin Can
And we're back
This week I realized something about the wards I've served in here in Brasil that's different from the States. That is the phenomenon of the Ward Group Chat. Maybe there was always a Ward Group Chat back home and I was never invited, but here I think every Ward has had one and they are wild! You get everything from activity announcements and inspirational message to people going after each other for not doing their callings and a a whole lot of drama. When it gets real bad, Bishop has to switch the settings so that only Admins can send messages. (Talk about a Common Judge in Israel)
Brasil is in full party mode right now. We made to the next stage in the World Cup. (don't be too surprised, it is Brasil afterall) and it's also their harvest festival right now (atleast I think they're celebrating the harvest, everything corned themed and they're dressing like it's late October early November)
Work wise?
Could be worst, could be better. We've got lot of people on the street and it's not so hard to find people. Honestly this week I felt the Lord helping a lot, it was very common we'd knock a door, the person would open and without us having to say a word they'd let us in. And we're not without progress too! Interesting thing, all of our baptism dates are family of members, with an even mix between the members being active and inactive.
It can be a little straining working with inactive members. Usually the reason they went inactive is more complex then they just forgot to go to church. I think this ward has a couple "skunks at the garden party" (see open paragraph about drama in the Ward Group Chat) and rubbed people the wrong way, and in the direction of the door.
But the amazing thing, as we are seeing both in the work and in my personal life, is that people come back. And they come back stronger. We all like sheep have gone astray, but the Shepherd seeks us, calling us to come home.
"Come home! Come home! Ye who are weary, come home!
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling—
Calling, O sinner, come home!"
Not going home yet,











Comments
Post a Comment